An infrared thermometer is a thermometer which infers temperature from a portion of the thermal radiation sometimes called blackbody radiation emitted by the object being measured. They are sometimes called laser thermometers as a laser is used to help aim the thermometer, or non-contact thermometers or temperature guns, to describe the devices ability to measure temperature from a distance. Infrared thermometers are a subset of devices known as thermal radiation thermometers.
- Handheld thermal imaging camera is widely used in the medical, archaeological, transport, agriculture and so on
- Checking mechanical or electrical equipment for temperature and hot spots
- Measuring the temperature of patients in a hospital without touching them
- Checking heater or oven temperature, for calibration and control
- Checking for hot spots in an enclosed area
- Monitoring materials in processes involving heating or cooling
- Electrical: Overloaded Circuit Breakers, Panels, Fuses
- Mechanical: Overheated Motor Output, Bearings, Pulleys and Belts.
- HVAC: Find blocked registers, broken junctions in duct work, uneven air distributions, as well as mechanical and electrical equipment issues. Cold Air Dampers, AC Condensers, Expansion Valves, Ducts, Vents in hard to reach areas.
- Building: Repair and maintenance. Find missing insulation, blockages in pipes, as well as weather stripping and energy efficiency issues. Leaks, Moisture, Air Leaks
- Automotive: Compare brake rotor temperatures for uniformity, inspect tires and belts, and troubleshoot mechanical issues
- 1x Visual IR Thermometer with Image Storage - Portable Infrared Thermometer Handheld Thermal Imaging Camera Professional IR Thermal Imager Infrared Imaging Diagnostic Tool